FileUtility is an application and service for:
• Moving the data fork of a file into the resource fork, then deleting the data fork.
• Listing all resources in a resource fork by ID, type and name.
• Deleting a file's data fork.
• Deleting a file's resource fork.
• Deleting a file, folder or folder contents (i.e. without moving to the trash.)
• Displaying a file's fork sizes.
Choose from the following items in Preferences, or the Services menu:
• Flip Delete Data Fork: Move the data fork of a file into the resource fork, then delete the data fork. If a resource fork does not exist, one will be created. In either case the data fork data will be appended to the resource fork.
• Delete Data Fork: Delete the files data fork of a file.
• Delete Resource Fork: Delete the files resource fork of a file.
• Delete File: Delete the file immediately (it is not put in the trash.)
• Delete Container: Delete the container and all its contents immediately (they are not put in the trash.)
• Delete Container Contents: Delete the container's contents (they are not put in the trash.)
• Show Fork Sizes: Show the files total size, data fork size and resource fork size.
• Dump Resources: Generate a file that lists all resources types and IDs, then display it. (Note that a resource fork can contain data, and not just resources. So, a resource fork may have a non-zero size, yet have no resources listed.)